The Scotland of India - Coorg (Kodagu) 3 Day Sojourn
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is one of the famous hill-stations of South India. Also a rural district in the souht-Indian state of Karnataka, Coorg is not only famous of lush-green valleys, coffee estates, colorful green scenery, tall mountains, but also has lots of things to see. Some of the things to do - Madikeri Fort (which has 2 life-size elephant statues at its entrance), a Gothic-style church with a museum on its grounds, the Hindu Omkareshwara Temple (which dates back to the 19th century), the domed Raja’s Tomb (a burial place of Kodava kings), Talacauvery, Brahmagiri Peak trek and cascading Abbi Falls.
- Duration3 days
- Group Size2 to 10
Popular for coffee and spices, including the original Coorg organic honey, Coorg is the place to be for all the nature lovers. Breathtakingly exotic lush green scenery is what will greet you once reach Coorg. As part of this tour can also choose to stay longer and cover nearby areas and beautiful towns like Virajpet, Kushalnagar, Gonikoppal, Pollibetta, and Somwarpet, and experience the beautiful concept of "homestays" to make your experience more memorable!
Trip Info. Region: Coorg/Kodagu, Karnataka Seasons: All round the year Things to do: Homestay Coffee Estate Walks, Dubbare Elephant Camp, Brahmagiri Peak Trek, Hike to Abbey Falls, Visit to Buddhist Monastery (Bylakuppe), Madikeri Fort, Raja's Tomb and more
How to Reach Coorg
By Air - Centrally located between Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore and Coimbatore, one can take the most convenient flight to reach any of these cities. From there one can hire private cabs or taxis, or use self-drive cars from Zoomcar, Drivezy etc to reach. One can also go to nearest main bus station to take overnight buses as well
By Train - Nearest train station is Mysore (120 Kms from Coorg). One can pick the right combination and arrive at Mysore and then take private cabs or buses to reach Coorg
By Road - Well connected from Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore and Coimbatore (avg. of around 220kms-300kms) from any of these cities, one can take private cabs, taxis, self-drive cars (Zoomcar, Drivezy etc.) or overnight buses.
- Day1: Arrive from Bangalore or nearest city to Coorg
- Day2: Explore Coorg and nearby areas
- Day3: Check-out from Coorg and on the way see Mysore palace, Srirangapatnam (if you came from Bangalore side)
Above mentioned price is per person for a minimum group of 5. In case of smaller group size, prices will increase marginally by 15%-30% approximately.
- 2 night stay (on Double / Triple / Quadruple sharing basis)
- 2 Breakfast + 2 Dinner (MAP plan will be given)
- Return Airport transfers by Non AC vehicle on seat sharing basis
- Sightseeing to nearby places
- Driver's allowance, Toll tax and Fuel charges
- Activities at home stay / Resort.
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Lunch on Day 3
- Items of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, room service charges, soft drinks and hot drink charges, etc
- The payments for additional services taken at the stay are to be settled directly
- Any service not mentioned in inclusions
Day 1: Bangalore or Home City to CoorgClick here to expand
- Morning drive from Bangalore to Coorg (have Breakfast on our way)
- Visit Dubare forest, Nisargadhama, Golden temple Budhist Monastery
- Check-in to the home stay by noon for some delicious Kodagu cuisine lunch
- Visit Madikeri Fort, Nalapad Palace, Raja's seat, and return to the home stay in the evening
- Over-night at the home stay with Campfire Music followed by Dinner.
Featured Attractions: Dubare Reserve Forest, Nisargadhama Forest, Golden Temple (Bylakuppe)
Day 2: Explore Coorg / KodaguClick here to expand
- Morning after breakfast proceed for sightseeing to Talakaveri, Mandalpatti View Point (need to hire private jeep at extra cost for this view-point), Abbey Falls
- Late lunch on the way return to the home stay
- Activities at homestay, followed by Coffee Tea snacks, Campfire and Music followed-by dinner
Featured Attractions: Abbi Falls, Talakaveri / Brahmagiri Peak, Madikeri Fort.
Day 3: Return to Bangalore / Home CityClick here to expand
- Morning after Breakfast check out from the Homestay
- On the way lies Mysore. Depending on time and interest, visit to Mysore palace and Srirangapatnam can be facilitated
Featured Attractions: Mysore Palace, Mysore Zoo
Bison Manor is a boutique country Jungle Retreat located in Kutta; a border town in Coorg valley and very close to Nagarahole wildlife Sanctuary. With 10 spacious rooms, 1 dorm for group, multi-cuisine restaurant and on site recreational activities, Bison Manor is an ideal destination for a getaway to the hills, wildlife and the forests !!
And, amidst the lofty ridges, deep valleys, meandering streams and dense forests of Wayanad and manicured coffee estates and pristine jungles of Coorg, lies this wildlife resort with spacious rooms and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
In case of non-availability of Bison Manor, we will be arranging a similar home stay with excellent facilities.
Payment Policy - 50% of the total cost as advanced booking cost - Rest payment on arrival at the cottage / homestay
Cancellation Policy - 15 days or more before date of departure: 20% of total cost - Less than 15 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
Also known as backpackers paradise, the triplet of 3 countries - Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, offers one of the most beautiful and enriching travel experiences. Located in South-East-Asia (which has other countries too like Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines etc.), the trio of Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam gives you an opportunity to explore beautiful pristine beaches (Phuket, Ko Samui), ancient temples (Angkor Wat in Siem Reap), war torn Ho Chi Minh city, historical architecture across Hanoi and magnificent islands of Halong Bay etc.explore
Bisle ghat and Bisle viewpoint is one of the un-explored (& upcoming) tourist destination in Karnataka. Located in the Western Ghats and within Bisle reserve rain forest area, is considered a perfect weekend getaway from Bangalore for a 3 day trip. It is one of the top adventurous spots in Karnataka and among the popular Sakleshpur Tourist Places. Our curated trip takes you through the beautiful spots including lovely homestays with lot of activities like trekking, nature trails, bon-fire in nights etc.explore
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is one of the famous hill-stations of South India. Also a rural district in the souht-Indian state of Karnataka, Coorg is not only famous of lush-green valleys, coffee estates, colorful green scenery, tall mountains, but also has lots of things to see. Some of the things to do - Madikeri Fort (which has 2 life-size elephant statues at its entrance), a Gothic-style church with a museum on its grounds, the Hindu Omkareshwara Temple (which dates back to the 19th century), the domed Raja’s Tomb (a burial place of Kodava kings), Talacauvery, Brahmagiri Peak trek and cascading Abbi Falls.explore