Adventure Road Trip to India's Grand Canyon - Gandikota Fort & Belum Caves (2 Day)
Considered as India's "Grand Canyon", Gandikota village offers spectacular sight of "Deep Gorges" formed by Penna river in Erramala hills. Apart from the amazing sunset and sunrise views of the gorge, Gandikota also has a fort, which was built by Kamma Kings in 18th century. Nearby lies (60 Kms from Gandikota fort) - The Belum Caves. The Belum Caves is the largest and longest cave system in the Indian subcontinent. All this, along with adventure activities like Kayaking, Rappelling, Rock Climbing etc. at Gandikota, makes it an excellent weekend destination from Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Duration2 days
- Group Size2 to 10
Gandikota (a small village in Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh) is 2 Day or a 3 Day weekend getaway destination from Bangalore (280 Kms), Chennai (370 Kms) and Hyderabad (390 Kms). Spectacular gorge views (like that of Grand Canyon, USA) made by the river Penna, along with Gandikota fort and Belum caves has made Gandikota a must visit place. Efforts are on to make Gandikota a world heritage site as it has lot of history and culture dating back to 17th and 18th century.
This is where we have curated a 2-day itinerary for Gandikota from Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai. While the trip will have spectacular sights, vantage point photography etc. we have also included adventure activities like Kayaking, Rock Climbing along with group activities like Canyon / Gorge sightseeing, trekking, campfire @ night etc.
- Region: Gandikota, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh
- Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
- Accommodation: Camping
- Best Season: Sept to March (as summer gets bit hot, but otherwise one can go anytime)
- Difficulty Level: Moderate (due to trekking & gorge sight-seeing)
- Things to do: Hiking & trekking to Gandikota Fort, Kayaking in River Penna, Rock climbing / Rappelling
- Day 1: Reach Gandikota and check-in at the camping site
- Day 2: Explore Belum caves and head back to your home city
Depending on where you are coming from, we might either explore Belum caves on Day1 or Day2.
How to Reach Gandikota
By Air: 3 major cities close to Gandikota are Bangalore (280 Kms), Chennai (370 Kms) and Hyderabad (390 Kms). All these 3 cities are well connected to rest of India and world. One can arrive at any of the cities and take private cabs or taxis or combination of bus to reach Gandikota
By Train: Nearest railway station is Kondapuram OR Kadapa. One can also reach Bangalor, Chennai or Hyderabad and then take connected train to Kadapa and then travel by road
By Road: Well connected by road from 3 main cities: Bangalore (280 Kms), Chennai (370 Kms) and Hyderabad (390 Kms), it can take roughly 6-8 hrs to reach Gandikota by road. One can book self-drive cars from platform like Zoomcar, Drivezy or Revv. Or book private taxis to reach.
- 1 night accommodation (camping)
- All food from the time you reach till day2 breakfast
- Trekking to gorge sight-seeing
- Exploring Gandikota Fort, temples etc.
- Kayaking in River Penna
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- Flight cost to entry city (Bangalore, Chennai or Hyderabad)
- Additional cost for rappelling / rock-climbing
- Additional cost for pick-up and drop to your home city
- Visit to Belum caves (unless transportation is through us)
Day 1: Reach GandikotaClick here to expand
- Arrive to Gandikota camp site
- Explore Gandikota Fort and temples in afternoon
- Sunset view of the Grand Canyon like gorge, including hiking to vantage points
- Dinner with campfire, along with music and fun
Day 2: Belum CavesClick here to expand
- Sunrise view of the gorge
- Breakfast followed by kayaking in River Penna
- Checkout from campsite and visit Belum caves
- Reach home city by night 9-10 PM
- Tent / camping for night stay @ designated Camp sites (on request we can arrange for nearby hotel at 30 Kms distance for additional cost, but that will take away the chance to see sunrise and sunset)
- All food once you reach the camp site, including breakfast on day2
If you had the passion or inclination for photography, then this is the adventure Zanskar Photography tour which gives you an extraordinary photography experience in the remote Himalayan Highlands! Travel to faraway places in Himalayan Zanskar region and photograph glacial slopes and snow-filled peaks and spend starry nights in the mountains of the remotest regions in Indian Himalayas - these are some of the experiences you will get to have.explore
Two Indian cities which defines historical India in context of kingdoms are - Agra & Jaipur. And this is what we try and cover through our bike tour by taking you inside the two different historical & cultural era known as the ‘Mughals & Rajputana’. Both Rajputana and Mughals ruled different regions of India for many centuries and were at constant war to stamp their supremacy. We will keep the history short, and will take you through the same during our bike tour so that you have live context as well.explore
A bike trip to Leh-Ladakh is one of the things that many people aspire to experience at least once in their lifetime. Known to have the highest motorable road in the world, experience world's most exhilarating, beautiful and adventurous bike trip with this 10-15 days motorcycle trip to Leh & Ladakh via Leh Manali highway. Difficulty Level: Tough (more than 2500KM+ Bike Ride, 15 Day-Long)explore